Johannesburg, 06 December 2017
JCDecaux launches first to market game changing technologies for digital OOH in sub-Saharan Africa
With society moving into the electronic age, more people are communicating in cyberspace not only to access more information, but also to create a reality of their own. There is a revolution occurring in virtually every corner of the world today, especially in the media delivery.
The increasing rate of urbanisation and consumer connectivity, continues to be largely responsible for shifting media consumption habits, necessitating not only the innovative approaches to campaign planning but also media buying offerings.
The advent of new media and communication technologies have brought about a profound transformation in the way people communicate, share knowledge and information. These new technologies offer vast new opportunities for public participation and engagement, and have the potential to expand media use even better.
The change has been rapid as digital technologies remove the barriers associated to the traditional media. The format, location, distance, and time are key considerations in the transfer of content.
JCDecaux introduces a real-time planning and buying factor that can accommodate immediacy associated definitions, such as ‘On-Demand’ and ‘In-the-Moment’, and therefore moving media synergies to new heights in the complex media world.
The current Roadside Digital offering has been Out-of-Homes solution to more agile demands of today’s marketers, offering various audience solutions coupled with day-part and even weather triggered activity and communications. It has pioneered Digital Out-Of-Home buying in Africa and continues to lead the way in dynamic content delivery, surpassing competitor offerings.
Day part, Audience, Drive time and Relevancy lays the foundation of our sound and successful offering. Followed by JCDecaux’s introduction of Dynamic Smart Content, delivering a creative message according to weather, geo-location, RSS feeds and social media.
While elements such as real-time creative optimisation and a level of contextual relevance is already being implemented, JCDecaux is evolving in a way that allows us to offer ‘On Demand’ and ‘In-the Moment’ marketing and media solutions.
The launch of the Roadside Digital Plus offers improved Planning and buying agility (time and location), Saliency, Targetability, Synergies and Synchronisations (particularly those that can leverage other day-part targeted channels and contextual communications).
The Roadside Digital Plus offers more options including those that cater to retail, weekends, festive season, Back – to-school and many more.
Lelanie Butler, Head of Digital said: “The advancement of technology and its ability to personalise and encourage interactive behaviour is redefining Out-of-Home’s Advertisings role. Like TV and Radio, Digital Out-of-Home offers clients the opportunity to plan & manage media exposure by Day, Time channel and Locations, thus allowing for specific placements that reduce wastage, the ability to leverage tactical messaging and ultimately building more cost-effective synergies with other media”.
About JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa
JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa, formerly Continental Outdoor Media until the acquisition by JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) in partnership with Royal Bafokeng Holdings in June 2015, is Africa's leading traditional and digital outdoor advertising company and operates in 16 countries in Africa. The company offers in excess of 37,000 advertising opportunities within the African continent.
JCDecaux is the number one Outdoor Advertising company worldwide and the market leader in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle-East. JCDecaux is listed on Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and FTSE4Good indexes. Employing 12,850 people, the Group has operations in more than 75 countries around the world, and has a presence in 4,435 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants. The Group generated total revenues of €3,208 million in 2015.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- 2016 revenue: €3,393m; H1 2017 revenue: €1,641m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (559,070 advertising panels)
- No. 1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 220 airports and 260 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (354,680 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in Europe for billboards (169,860 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (721,130 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (219,310 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (70,680 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (29,820 advertising panels)
- No. 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,230 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bicycles and a pioneer in soft mobility
- 1,117,890 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,280 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 410 million people
- 13,030 employees